The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is essentially a larger version of the Galaxy S8. Apart from a larger screen (6.2 inches) and a larger battery, the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus shares all of the same features as its smaller sister. You can also look at the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, which was released recently.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Key Specs & Features
- 6.2-inch Super AMOLED Display, 1440 x 2960 pixels (529ppi)
- Octa-core 10nm-class chipset (Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 or Samsung Exynos 8895 Octa)
- Bixby Intelligent Digital Assistant with dedicated launch button
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with 4GB RAM
- 64GB Storage with support for memory card up to 256GB
- 12MP Rear Camera and 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear), Iris Scan, Face Unlock
- Gigabit LTE (up to 1024 Mbps download)
- 3500 mAh Battery with Fast Charging
Display and Camera
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus has a similar design to the Galaxy S8. It has a curved glass and aluminum design that is identical to the previous one. An onscreen home button has taken the role of the traditional home button, providing haptic sensation similar to 3D Touch.
A 6.2-inch Super AMOLED display is included on the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. The resolution is 1440 x 2960 pixels, which is the same as the Galaxy S8. Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protects both the front and back of the phone. The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus includes a 12 megapixel camera on the back and an enhanced 8 megapixel front camera.
Hardware and Software
In the United States, the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is equipped with an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor. Samsung’s Exynos 8895 Octa chipset will be available in most models sold around the world.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus boasts 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, with a microSD card slot that can hold up to 256GB of data. Bluetooth 5.0 (first phone to support), USB Type C (USB 3.1), dual-band Wi-Fi, wireless charging, and NFC are all supported.
Like its smaller sibling, the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus has Gigabit LTE with download speeds of up to 1024 Mbps. In most countries, including Nigeria, the smartphone will feature 4G LTE. On Glo Mobile, MTN, Etisalat, NTel, Smile, and InterC, the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus will support LTE.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus runs Android 7.0 (Nougat) and the Samsung UI skin. Bixby, Samsung’s new intelligent digital assistant, is also included.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Price and Availability
In the United States and other select markets, preorders for the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and Galaxy S8 began on March 30. On April 21, the Android phone went on sale worldwide, with the United States, Australia, and the United Kingdom leading the way. The starting price is roughly $840. It’s presently available on Amazon for about $460 (See Offers).
In Nigeria, Ghana, and Kenya, the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is currently available. The phablet is now available for purchase at your country’s main online stores. The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus costs between 155,000 and 250,000 Naira in Nigeria, depending on where you live.
In Kenya, the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus costs 69,999 KSh, whereas in Ghana, it costs GH 2950.
- Platform: Android 7.0 (Nougat), TouchWiz
- Processor: US: Octa-core Processor: 2.35GHz quad-core and 1.9GHz quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 835), EMEA: Octa-core Processor: 2.3GHz quad-core and 1.7GHz quad-core (Samsung Exynos 8895 Octa)
- GPU: Adreno 540 (Qualcomm)
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue, Maple Gold
- Dimension: 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 173g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM or Dual SIM